Your wedding is full of unforgettable moments, and after the ceremony and reception end, there will be items that evoke the best memories from that special day. For the bride, the wedding dress is often one of these.
Today, wedding dresses are crafted from an array of fabrics and come in an equally diverse range of styles, texture and colors. Classic Touch Cleaners wants to be your Atlanta wedding dress dry cleaner!
Here are some steps all brides should take to ensure their dresses look fantastic not only on the big day, but also for years to come.
1. Allow yourself at least one full month for proper alterations. Longer may be necessary if you’re having substantial modifications made.
2. Have a professional dry cleaner clean, steam and secure your dress for travel to your wedding venue.
3. Some brides opt to have Scotchguard or other professional stain repellent applied to help minimize the damage of spills.
4. Ask your dry cleaner what you should do immediately following an accident, such as getting cake or makeup on your dress. Following those instructions will help them better remove the stain after the wedding.
5. Even if you didn’t get your dress dirty, have it professionally cleaned following your wedding. Makeup residue, oils from the body, dust and other particles you may not see will be detrimental to the integrity of the dress as it is stored.
6. Ask about wedding gown preservation. Many dry cleaners will have a special process in place to clean and preserve your gown in an airtight package.
Call Classic Touch Cleaners at 404-365-8660 today!